Help with chili growth

Emmachili

Chiligrünschnabel
Hi guys,

I would need any help if I can get to grow chilli.
I bought seeds today, so if anyone can give me an idea
how to start..

Thanks,

Emma

Hi Emma,

welcome to the forum!
Normally, I would suggest that you take a look at the section on growth: http://chiliforum.hot-pain.de/forums/anbau-pflege.11/
But I don't know how good you German is, this is a German forum after all, so only very very few posts are in English.

Growing chillis is not difficult.
Just put the seeds in the soil, keep them moist and warm (around 25°C) and wait until the sprout.
As soon as they come up, they need light. So if you're starting before February I'd suggest you use an additional lighting, if you're starting later a light window will be enough.
After sprouting they will grow with little help by you. Just water them from time to time (better dry then soaked), re-pot them so that they can grow bigger and add some fertilizer sometimes.

Thanks you.

Ok seems very helpful your information's. I wanted to ask..do you plan to have any indoor lights in the future and wich ones would that be? I mean LED..or any...As I am planning to have LED for my growth.

Emma

Do you want to grow completely indoor or do you want to grow only the first time indoor and place the plants outdoor later?

Then you need more power. I have a LED plant lamp from Roleadro. It has in real 190W full spectrum and I use it for an area with 1,3m x 1,3m.

I am planning on buying SANlight M30 two of these, for 60x60 cm. Do you think this one should be ok?

It's the question is a square with 60cm x 60cm enough for growing of your plants? On this square you can only place a few small plants. I have a nearly three years old Jalapeno. It's not very big. I think three or four of it are ok to place it under two M30. But other of my indoor plants are much bigger. It's a Trinidad sort and one plant needs a square with more than a meter.

Welcome to the Forum Emma

With hints from mph and clappingmarkey you are on the best way to have beautiful plants next year.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Another Idear can be KIND LED. They are very expensive but they should be the best on the market.
The Price should be near like the S4W from Sanlight. But thats only an Idear...
MPH and Clappingmonkey have much more experience than me.
And there english is much better then my...

Hehe ☺ sry for my bad english ☺

Hey Ben,

thank you for the informations, I am trying to decide on which one to take for my CHILI.
I haven t heard of Idear.. SANlight couple of people mentioned to me.. that s why I decided for it..
but it is good to know the new ones..
So you would say Idear is more expensive than SANlight?

And your English is perfect.

Thanks,

Emma

I have 2 m30 sanlight. They work very well and i love them.
But the shop where i buy them says that sanlight is one of the best led growlight. Aktually the best should be the kind led's. And yes, they are more expensive than the sanlight.
They test it on hemp. Hehe, its a growshop... there i find the best informations about grow led.
As i said that i need it for chili, they laugh... when they stopped laughing, they can told me everything about grow lights, indoorgrow and especially experiences with led growlights.
If you want more informations about it, look to the hempgrower in the i-net.
http://www.bestgrowproducts.com/de/kind-led-aufzuchtlampen?gclid=CKHlkeOHxM8CFcGVGwodPKMLiw

But i don't know... Maybe it's a little bit exaggerated for chili ☺

My two m30 sanlight work well too... ☺

Zurück
Oben Unten